1. Spectators are allowed to carry water, umbrellas, jackets, towels, medicine, and food for the players. Spectators are strongly encouraged to stay 30-yards from players at all times except: when assisting with a ball search (no longer than 3-mins), and or providing a player water, umbrella, jacket, towel, medicine, and food. When viewing play we strongly encourage you to view from at least 30 yards or further either from cart path or in the rough if there are no cart-paths.
2. Spectators may NOT carry a player’s golf bag and/or clubs.
3. Spectators may be permitted to assist in the search for a players ball. Spectators must remain on the cart path (or in the rough if there are not cart paths) prior to a ball search and immediately following the conclusion of the search. Do not walk in the fairway or on the putting green at any time.
4. We asked you to silence your Cellular phones, pagers and other similar electronic devices while on the competition course. If you must conduct business via phone, you may do so in the parking lot.
5. Spectators are not permitted to give advice to, nor carry on any type of conversation with players for any reason. This action will be construed as “Advice,” and includes conversations not spoken in English. Advice is any counsel or suggestion, which could influence a player in determining his/her play, the choice of club or the method of making a stroke. Please keep any interaction with a player to the permitted actions listed above in number 1, if interactions are being had that fall outside the permitted actions, it will be treated as advice and handled by the tournament committee accordingly.
6. Spectators are to remain outside the scoring area at all times. These rules are in effect until the player has turned in his/her scorecard and has left the scoring area. You are not permitted to converse with the players while they are completing the scoring process. You are permitted to keep score of the group for your records only. The player is responsible for keeping score for themselves and their fellow competitor. The official scorecard should never touch the hand of a spectator.
Penalty For Breach of Any Rule
- First Offense: Spectator will receive a verbal warning. Notice of this warning will be kept on file at all remaining events.
- Second Offense: Spectator will be asked to leave the golf course immediately. No exceptions. If a spectator does not leave the course or attempts to return to the course, the associated player will be disqualified and asked to leave the course. The spectator will be banned from all remaining events.
Note: The First Offense verbal warning will be carried over for the remainder of the season. The next offense, be it at the same event or a later event, will result in the penalty indicated in the Second Offense paragraph above.