Denny McCarthy, Takoma Park native, former UVA Golf Team member, member of the 2015 walker cup team, now PGA TOUR member, has consistently shown success throughout his junior, amateur, and now professional career. Passionate on improving his game showed in 2019, he finished the PGA Tour season with four top 25 finishes and qualifying for the FedEx Cup playoffs for the first time. He finished the 2019 season ranking 111th overall in the FedEx Cup standings. His love for the game shows and wants to provide that opportunity to junior golfers desired to further their education and elevate their game. Denny has partnered with the MAPGA Foundation to award TWO (2) one-time scholarships to deserving junior golfers. Each scholarship will be worth $2,500 each.
This packet contains information on the 2020 Denny McCarthy Scholarship. Please read the entire document thoroughly, including the program description and general instructions for filling out the application.
• Applications must be returned to the Foundation by January 31, 2020. The address is:
MIDDLE ATLANTIC PGA DENNY MCCARTHY SCHOLARSHIP
c/o Middle Atlantic PGA
1 PGA Drive
Stafford, Virginia 22554
• Applications are available from the Foundation through the Middle Atlantic PGA.
• The scholarship dollars will be deposited in the recipient’s name with the college or university designated by the awarded recipient.
• Please direct any questions to the above address, or at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (540) 720-7420
The Denny McCarthy Committee will review the applications and choose the successful candidate or candidates. This fund/scholarship will be awarded primarily based upon on-course etiquette and academic performance. Other factors to be considered may include, but are not limited to: extracurricular activities, financial need, content of required essays, Military background and off-course behavior.
Online Application will close after the deadline has passed.
• Open to any junior golfer that has played in ANY 2019 MAPGA junior event, participated in either of the two most recent Denny McCarthy Invitationals. Scholarship applicants DO NOT have to be a member of the MAPGA Junior Tour. Student must be completing their Junior or Senior year of high school. This fund/scholarship is to be awarded primarily based upon performance, on-course etiquette and academic performance. Other factors to be considered may include, but are not limited to: extracurricular activities, financial need, content of required essays, Military background, references and off-course behavior.