As Maryland and Virginia courses begin to re-open, golf can offer an outdoor recreational experience that provides many health and wellness benefits. The Allied Golf Organizations, in alignment with the Center for Disease Control (CDC), have developed a comprehensive plan that allows golf to be played responsibly while observing recommended social distancing guidelines.
Continue to encourage responsible golf and print out these Back2Golf Social Distancing Guidelines posters for your facility. These can be displayed in the golf shop, locker room, first tee, clubhouse, on golf carts or wherever appropriate.
- Click here to download 8.5 x 11 horizontal posters.
- Click here to download 8.5 x 11 vertical posters.
Click here to download 8.5 x 14 horizontal posters.
Click here to download 8.5 x 14 vertical posters.
It’s also important that facilities follow the CDC’s specific community mitigation strategies including personal protective measures, social distancing and environmental surface cleaning at home and in community settings like the workplace. Please click here for guidance on implementing the CDC Community Mitigation Framework.
This plan is based on the operational underpinnings in “Guidelines Opening Up America Again” published by the White House and the CDC. It includes a specific, three-phased approach to golf that aligns with the broader plan to re-open the economy. Each phase includes operational protocols when it comes to social distancing, the sanitation of physical facilities and the health of you and your staff.
Our industry understands there are various restrictions in different parts of the country and emphasize that all should be adhering to state and local guidelines to ensure our sport comes back in a healthy way. Below you will find the Operations Playbook that is designed to help open golf where it is currently closed and keep it open responsibly through each phase. Please note that the playbook will be updated on a real-time basis based on interim guidance from the CDC as it becomes available.
[To view the Back2Golf Guidelines for Opening Up Golf, presented by the Allied Golf Organizations, click here and to download a PDF of the Operations Playbook Version 2.0 last updated on May 5, 2020, click here. To download the Operations Playbook in Spanish, click here.]
- Gathering of no more than 10 people
- Strict social distancing
- Walking the course or single cart riders
- Restricted golf course set up
- Clubhouses, golf shops and other amenities closed
- Gathering of no more than 50 people
- Social distancing maintained
- Normal groups of golfers may play together
- Restricted golf course set up maintained
- Clubhouse operations are limited
- Restrictions on leagues, events and youth activities
- Unrestricted social gatherings with social distancing
- Comprehensive sanitization procedures
- Normal golf operations
- Normal golf course maintenance
- Full Clubhouse operations and events
- Unrestricted leagues and youth activities